Cell Surface Antibodies
Plexin domain containing protein 2 (PLXDC2), a cell surface transmembrane protein, is expressed in many tissues including haemotopoeitc stem cells, neural stem cells, pluripotent stem cells, and tumor cells. PLXDC2 may play an important role in neuronal growth, stem cell development, angiogenesis, and cancer cell growth. Recently PLXDC2 was reported a good cell surface marker as human haemotopoetic stem cells (1).
PLXDC2 has been reported as a receptor for pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) (2) or as an activating ligand for adhesion G-protein coupled receptor D1 (Adgrd1) (3). Also PLXDC2 was thought as a novel interaction partner and an entry receptor for rhesus monkey rhadinovirus (RRV) 4). The gene expression level of PLXDC2 was elevated in the peripheral blood of stroke patients (5) or in mouse bone marrow-derived macrophages in response to Helicobacter pylori (6). The protease BACE1 (β-Site APP Cleaving Enzyme), a major drug target in Alzheimer's disease, cleaves the amyloid precursor protein (APP) as well as PLXDC2 as one of several other substrates (7).
Citation for this Antibody
From $175.00Catalog: 2535, Format : Biotin
- Shimizu, H. et al. Improving the quality of a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody against PLXDC2 by optimizing transient expression conditions and purification method. Protein Expr. Purif. 146: 27–33 (2018).
- Yamamoto N. et al. Expression Pattern of Plexin Domain Containing 2 in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 39(2):57-60 (2020)
- Hamada, Y. et al. Plexin domain containing protein 2 is more expressed within the invasive area of human colorectal cancer tissues. Human Cell 34(5): 1580-1583 (2021).
- Tanaka Y. et al. Prospective isolation of mouse and human hematopoetic stem cells using Plexin domain containing 2. bioRXiv Sep 27: 2021.09.27.461900v1.doi: 10.1101/2021.09.27.461900. (2021)
- Sakuma C. et al. Western blotting of native proteins from agarose gels Biotechniques Apr 6 (2022).
- Akuta T. et al. A new method to characterize conformation-specific antibody by a combination of agarose native gel electrophoresis and contact blotting. Antibodies 11(2): 36. (2022).